Excellent musicianship and conducting skills; able to convey passion for music to both orchestra and audience; ability to inspire and communicate musically and verbally with audiences of all ages, both on and off stage; broad and extensive knowledge of repertoire (classics, opera, pops, Broadway, seasonal, motion picture scores); ability to garner the respect and trust of musicians; possess uncompromising musical standards that result in the orchestra’s optimal performance; proven record of building/developing orchestra and audiences; strong skills in interpersonal relationships and communication; a team leader and player.
Spirit Award (2000) from Mint Museum of Art, for excellence in music performance; Received recognition/Proclamations from two (2) separate Mayors of Charlotte, North Carolina for contribution to the Arts and Music in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA.
PRODUCER: – Independent Television Programs and Discography
As producer, Albert Moehring has provided 6 musical television specials to PBS (Public Broadcasting Service). These programs have aired in 44 states, Canada and Mexico reaching over 95 million households. In cooperation with the Charlotte Philharmonic Orchestra, Moehring produced 13 CD recordings of classical and popular music. These recordings have been sold and distributed to a worldwide market.
CURRENT ORCHESTRAL AFFILIATION (Long Term):
Charlotte Philharmonic Orchestra, Music Director-Conductor, 23 years
CURRENT ORCHESTRAL AFFILIATION (Guest Conductor):
- O.S.E.M. Orquesta Sinfónica del Estado de México, 16 years
- Orquesta Sinfónica de la Universidad de Guanajuato,
- Orquesta Filarmonica de Estado de Queretaro,
- Méxiquense Sinfónica Orquesta,
- Orquesta Sinfónica de Mineria,
- Orquesta Juvenil Universitario Eduardo Mata de la UNAM,
- Orquesta Sinfónica de IPN (Instituto Politécnico Nacional),
- Orquesta Sinfónica de Oaxaca,
- Orquesta Sinfónica Nacional Guatemala,
OTHER PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS (Guest Engagements):
- Metropolitan Opera Company, NYC (Magic Flute and Don Giovanni) asst. to Peter Maag
- Canadian Opera Company, Toronto, Canada
- Toronto Opera Society, Toronto, Canada
- Hollywood Festival Orchestra, Asian Tour
- North American Debut with “OperaBabes” Charlotte, NC
- Long Island Concert Association, NY, La Boheme
The Aspen Music Festival (Guest Engagement)
DUTIES PERFORMED AS MUSIC DIRECTOR
- Conductor – Served as principal conductor and artistic director; conduct all rehearsals and orchestra performances; motivate musicians to a higher artistic standard.
- Artistic Development – A community arts leader; providing innovative artistic vision and leadership with ongoing artistic development of the orchestra; select concert repertoire, create and develop innovative programs in the classical and popular/seasonal realm for each season; provide an educational outreach to schools and community; serve as the orchestra’s spokesperson in the Carolinas, as well as on radio and National television (PBS); served as International music ambassador to China and Mexico; develop long range artistic plans.
- Education and Community Outreach – Participated and worked closely with marketing department in audience development, and community engagement; fostered positive relationships among the area public and private schools, area post-secondary institutions, and the community music schools; nurtured productive relationships with government leaders, foundations, other arts organizations and a broad range of other non-profits; stay current with the latest trends, comparative data, innovations in orchestras and related activities.
- Orchestra Management – Schedule all performance and rehearsal dates; audition orchestra members, new and current; contract with per service musicians; select and/or audition guest artists; coordinate all disciplinary action; oversee and direct orchestra personnel; communicate with the Press, potential donors, and others capable of influencing future success of the organizations finances; oversee music library and librarian.
- Fund Raising – Develop and create fund raising events; create event budgets; document and create manuals for future events; participate in fund raising/outreach events; develop community and donor support; report to and work with the Board of Directors.
- Board Relations – Serve as ex-officio member of the Board of Directors; report directly to the Chairman and the Board of Directors; provide the leadership, vision, and information necessary to allow the Board of Directors to establish policies and strategic plans for the continuing development of the organization; advise the Board concerning the annual budget; advise the Board on space/equipment needs, present and future; advise and cooperate with Board in planning and implementing fund-raising activities; added impetus to the fundraising efforts of the Board; present to Board special opportunities such as tours, outdoor programs, special performance opportunities, television specials and community/educational outreach programs; experienced in budgeting and presentations to Board of orchestra’s needs; close working relationship with entire Board of Directors and committees.
- Piano Performance – Royal Conservatory of Music, A.R.C.T. Artist Dimploma
- University of Toronto – Bachelor of Music
- Conducting Studies – Aspen School of Music, Aspen, Colorado
- Composition Studies – Charles Jones and Darius Milhaud, Aspen School of Music, Aspen, CO
- Conducting Studies and Internships with: Walter Susskind, Peter Maag, Leonard Bernstein, Karl Ancerl, Leonard Slatkin, Ernesto Barbini, George Crumm
- Diploma in Radio and Television Broadcasting – Columbia School of Broadcasting